NyföretagarCentrum is the number one organization in Sweden for helping people starting small businesses. Last year we assisted 10,000 new entrepreneurs!
1. Define your business idea by listing what you will sell, to what customers and where you will run your business.
2. Write a structured business plan that describes your business idea.
3. Ask experienced people for advice.
4. Check what Swedish corporate arrangement best suits your needs and means.
5. A quick way of moving ahead is buying an existing business, because it already has customers, an established brand and a turnover.
Marketing and Sales
1. Define your customers: Where do they live? What are they willing to pay?
2. Check the competition: What distinguishes your products and services from theirs?
3. Look for simple ways of marketing your business. For example, create a web page and be active on social media to improve the visibility of your business.
4. Sales are essential: Determine your customers’ need and tell them how you can help them.
5. All your communication must be clear. It has to be easy for a customer to make a buying decision.
1. Make careful economic calculations before you start. Be sure that you can handle your expenditures during the initial start-up phase, because it can take time before you can send the first customer invoice.
2. Make a proper budget. Calculate expenses and revenue for a period of time. When doing the maths, keep in mind that your earnings will fluctuate.
3. In your situation, what financing opportunities do you have? Check with your bank and with Almi, www.almi.se. Almi has Arabic-speaking counsellors.
4. Make sure that your book-keeping is handled correctly from day one.
5. Who will take care everyday accounting, you yourself or a consultant?
6. Get an enterprise insurance policy before starting. Check what policies are available and also check your social welfare insurance.
1. Small businesses are subject to numerous regulations: taxes, moms (sales tax), permits and inspections, etc.
2. Government agencies publish pertinent information for small business at the web site https://www.verksamt.se/en/web/international/home – take a good look at it and make a checklist for everything that applies to your business.
3. Proper contracts and agreements are very important – check with experts before making any business deal.
Do you feel ready to start your own business? Contact us and make an appointment. We will advise you on your business idea and your qualifications for starting an enterprise. That meeting is free of charge!